Hike & Build in Jordan
Trip cost: US$1,725
Join a group of dedicated volunteers on a Global Village trip as you help build strength and stability for a family in Jordan.
You’ll do more than build a physical home, you’ll also gain insight into the complexities of Middle Eastern culture by dining with Jordanian families each night. Meet the local community, explore the rich history of the region with a visit to nearby archaeological sites and see Jordan from a new perspective as you hike with the team in the Ajloun Forest Preserve.
When you’re away from the build site and resting from hiking, you’ll stay in triple-occupancy cabins at the Ajloun Forest Preserve.
Join this unique trip today and prepare yourself for an authentic Middle Eastern experience as you balance building a new home with reflection through hiking in the region. You’ll also learn how the current political and economic unrest in the area affect families living in poverty and how Habitat is serving homeowners through affordable housing solutions.
- Thursday: Depart. Grab your packed bags and head towards Jordan.
- Friday: Arrive. Arrive in Amman. Habitat staff will great you at the airport and you’ll meet the rest of your team as you enjoy dinner together in Amman.
- Saturday and Sunday: Explore. Travel to Ajloun Forest Preserve where you’ll check into your accommodations. Later, enjoy a hike on the Roe Deer Trail Saturday and spend Sunday on The Prophet’s Trail. Habitat staff will share about their work in Jordan and brief the team on the week’s project.
- Monday-Thursday: Build. Serve on the work site throughout the day with free time, team meetings and cultural activities in the evenings. Celebrate on Thursday with a dedication ceremony.
- Friday: Goodbyes. Continue your journey in the Middle East independently or depart for home.
Leading this team
Barbara Thomas will tell you more about this trip and how you can join today!
When asked why she’s excited to lead this trip, Barbara noted “For the second time in Jordan, I am looking forward to greeting my friend Mohammed and sharing in an immersive cultural experience. Working by day with a family new to the program and dining at night in the home of an already settled-in Habitat family. I am also looking forward to lodging and hiking in the Ajloun Nature Preserve. Such a rich experience!”