Hoa Binh, Vietnam
Trip cost: US$1,770
Experience the beauty of Vietnam while also providing families in the northwest region with strength, stability and self-reliance through resilient housing solutions.
This area of Vietnam experiences landslides and severe cold weather during parts of the year and shelters are often constructed of iron sheets, straw roofs and bamboo walls. Most households do not have access to a hygienic latrine or clean water.
Habitat for Humanity Vietnam and your team will address these housing issues by partnering with vulnerable families through microfinance solutions to help them improve their living conditions with new housing, access to clean water and sanitation facilities.
Get to know Vietnam with visits to local markets, city tours, cooking classes and much more! Teams stay in double-occupancy rooms at a local hotel where they’ll enjoy meals as a team and visit local restaurants.
- Friday and Saturday: Travel. Grab your packed bags and depart for Vietnam!
- Sunday: Arrive. Join us in Ha Noi, Vietnam! Habitat staff will greet you when you arrive and take you to meet your team.
- Monday: Learn. Travel with your team to Hoa Binh and learn about Habitat’s work in that community.
- Tuesday-Friday: Build. Spend time on the work site building disaster-resistant shelter for Vietnam homeowners breaking for lunch and snacks throughout the day. The team will have time for reflection meetings, excursions and rest in the evenings.
- Saturday: Explore. The team will go sightseeing in and around the community and sample local cuisine.
- Sunday: Goodbyes. Continue your journey in Vietnam independently or head on home.
Leading this team
George Leidigh will lead this team to Vietnam and would love to tell you more about the experience.
When asked why he's eager to lead another trip, George reflected, "I enjoy leading others in discovering the benefits of volunteering and to work with a family in another culture to provide a hand up, not a hand-out."