Chiang Mai, Thailand
Trip cost: US$2,010
Want something more out of your vacation time? Travel with this Global Village team to Thailand, where you will help to transform the lives of low-income families and create positive change in the world and in yourself.
Your days will be spent with a shovel in your hand as you move dirt, dig septic tanks, mix concrete and lay foundations. Not only are you helping to build a home, your work will also boost a family’s economic opportunities and improve their health.
Plus, you’ll get to see Thailand’s amazing Buddhist temples and learn to cook authentic Thai cuisine. Teams stay in double-occupancy hotel rooms and enjoy a Thai style buffet at lunch each day.
- Thursday and Friday: Travel. Grab your packed bags and head towards Thailand!
- Saturday: Arrive. Land in Chiang Mai where Habitat staff will greet you when you arrive and take you to meet your team. You’ll enjoy a welcome dinner with your fellow volunteers and learn more about Habitat’s work in the area.
- Sunday: Explore. Experience the local culture with a visit to a nearby temple, markets and restaurants.
- Monday-Thursday: Build. Serve on the build site and enjoy free time, reflection, and team activities in the evenings.
- Friday: Celebrate. Spend part of the day on the build site and enjoy a dedication ceremony to close out the week.
- Saturday: Goodbyes. Your journey in Thailand may continue independently, or you may depart for home.
Leading this team
Charlie and Carol Cocores are looking forward to leading this team and would love to talk to you more about the experience! This will be Charlie and Carols’ 14th time leading volunteers with Habitat. They’ve traveled around the world and here in the United States.
When asked about why they’re excited to lead to Thailand, Charlie and Carol said, “We’re looking to make a little but important difference in the lives of participants, homeowner families and their children.”