Bahia Blanca, Argentina
Volunteer with a holistic development project that builds decent housing as well as economic growth and communal resources.
Trip cost: US$2,600
Join this Global Village build in Argentina and experience how Habitat serves families in urban areas through microfinance programs. You’ll build alongside homeowners who are building a foundational “seed” house. They’ll continue to expand the house after your team heads home.
While you get to know the local community, you’ll also learn how Habitat Argentina is strengthening the abilities and resources of marginalized groups in the region. Experience Argentine culture as if you’re a local while immersing yourself in building holistic housing solutions throughout the week.
You can expect to stay double occupancy in a modest and comfortable hotel. The team will eat lunch on the build site with breakfast and dinner at the hotel or nearby in local restaurants.
- Friday: Depart. Grab your packed bags and head towards Argentina.
- Saturday: Arrive. Join us in Buenos Aires where Habitat staff will greet you upon arrival and take you to meet up with the rest of your team. You’ll be introduced to Habitat’s work in the region before departing for Bahia Blanca.
- Sunday: Explore. Go sightseeing in and around Bahia Blanca and sample local cuisine.
- Monday: Learn and build. Discover Habitat’s innovative work in the region and find out about your team’s project. The team will start building seed houses in the afternoon.
- Tuesday-Friday: Build. The team will dig the foundation, mix cement and assist the local masons to build a new seed home. The team will have time for excursions, rest and reflection meetings in the evenings.
- Saturday: Community service. Meet local partners who are meeting the needs of the community we are building in and then team up to work on a service project. Then relax and barbecue with your homeowner family, Habitat Argentina staff and your team before heading back to Buenos Aires
- Sunday: Goodbyes. Continue your journey in Argentina independently or head on home.
John Leary will lead this team to Bahia Blanca and would love to tell you more about the trip. He has volunteered with Global Village since 2010 as both a participant and leader and says the experience has greatly enriched his life. He is excited to share his experience with you and others on your team.