Al Sanabel, Jordan
Trip cost: US$1,680
Join a group of dedicated volunteers on a Global Village trip as you help build strength and stability for a family in Jordan.
You'll do more than build a physical home, you'll also gain insight into the complexities of Middle Eastern culture by dining with Jordanian families each night. Meet the local community and explore the rich history of the region.
Teams will stay at a guesthouse with separate communal sleeping for men and women.
Join this trip today and prepare yourself for an authentic Middle Eastern experience in the rural northern valley of Jordan. You'll learn how the current political and economic unrest in the area affect families the region and how Habitat is serving homeowners across the country.
- Friday: Depart. Grab your packed bags and head towards Jordan.
- Saturday: Arrive. Arrive in Amman. Habitat for Humanity picks you up at the airport and introduces you to your team at dinner.
- Sunday: Learn. Travel to the affiliate community, where Habitat staff will share about our impact in Jordan and brief the team on your project.
- Monday-Thursday: Build. Serve on the work site throughout the day with free time, team meetings and cultural activities in the evenings. Celebrate on Thursday with a dedication ceremony.
- Friday: Goodbyes. Continue your journey in the Middle East independently or depart for home.
Leading this team
Andy Rivinus will tell you more about this trip and how you can join today!
When asked why he's excited to lead this trip, Andy reflected, "I am retired from the corporate world and have devoted my retirement to nonprofit work. I volunteer with Habitat for Humanity in my own community as well as with Global Village. I believe in a world where everyone has a decent place to live. This trip to Jordan will be my 12th international build experience. It is an experience like no other and I encourage you to come join me and help provide a family with a safe, decent and affordable home."