Long An, Vietnam
Trip cost: US$1,575
Bring strength, stability and self-reliance to families in this coastal estuarine community in Vietnam through holistic housing solutions.
Habitat for Humanity Vietnam and your team will address these housing issues by partnering with vulnerable families through microfinance solutions to help them improve their living conditions with new housing, access to clean water and sanitation facilities.
Join this team if you’re ready to learn more about how Habitat serves homeowners through more than home construction and how adequate water and sanitation facilities lead to improved living conditions.
Get to know Vietnam with visits to local markets, city tours, cooking classes and much more! Teams stay in double-occupancy rooms at a local hotel where they’ll enjoy meals as a team and visit local restaurants.
- Thursday and Friday: Travel. Grab your packed bags and depart for Vietnam!
- Saturday: Arrive. Join us in Vietnam! Habitat staff will greet you when you arrive and take you to meet your team.
- Monday: Learn. Travel with your team to Long An and learn about Habitat’s work in that community.
- Monday-Thursday: Build. Spend time on the work site building disaster-resistant shelter for Vietnam homeowners breaking for lunch and snacks throughout the day. The team will have time for reflection meetings, excursions and rest in the evenings.
- Friday: Explore. The team will go sightseeing in and around the community and sample local cuisine.
- Saturday: Goodbyes. Continue your journey in Vietnam independently or head on home.
Leading this team
Haley Pope is a conservation photographer and life-long traveler. Her husband, Weston Wise, is a physical therapist who has recently caught the travel bug. Together, they enjoy leading Global Village trips to help serve communities in different countries, learn about cultures and languages, and support and encourage others to become part of the housing solution. Haley has led a team to Romania and been on service trips to Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, New York City and New Orleans.
Haley and Weston will lead this team to Vietnam and would love to tell you more about the experience.