Trip cost: US$2,010
Travel to Nicaragua and help Habitat for Humanity build homes for families in need of safe, decent and affordable shelter.
As you build with the family, you’ll be welcomed into the community. Eat traditional gallo pinto and other typical foods, meet the neighbors whose community you’re helping to improve and explore local sites.
You'll stay double occupancy in a local hotel with private bathrooms. Enjoy lunch on the build site and dinner in the hotel or in local restaurants. Regardless of what stage the house is in when the team arrives, responsibilities will likely include digging, carrying bricks, mixing cement, compacting dirt, moving materials and painting.
Global Village sends volunteers to build with Habitat for Humanity projects across the world. Get your hands dirty on the work site, meet families whose housing situations have been improved with Habitat’s help, experience the country like an insider and do it all alongside a team of like-minded volunteers. No experience is required! This build is your next step with Habitat to make the world a better place.
- Saturday: Arrive. Arrive at Managua airport, where Habitat for Humanity staff welcomes you. Travel to accommodations and meet your team over dinner.
- Sunday: Learn. Habitat staff will orient you to our work in Nicaragua and introduce you to the community in which you’ll work.
- Monday-Friday: Build. Build on-site, with free time and team activities in the evenings.
- Saturday: Explore. Travel to Granada, stopping at beautiful cultural sites along the way, then enjoy a final team dinner.
- Sunday: Goodbyes. Continue your journey in Nicaragua independently or head home.
Leading this team
Stan Duda will lead this trip to Nicaragua and is excited to tell you more about the experience.
When asked why he's eager to lead another trip, Stan shared, "I have done many builds and each one is a new and special experience for me. I look forward to meeting some incredible team members and working together to change the lives of a family."