Trip cost: US$2,290
Partner with Habitat for Humanity Brazil to help bring strength, stability and independence to a family in need of a decent place to live. As you build with the family, you’ll be welcomed into the community. Eat traditional food and meet the neighbors whose community you’re helping to improve.
You and your team will work beside local masons and neighbors to provide safe, affordable housing for these families. Your work will have a lasting impact as Habitat will continue to support the families through workshops and trainings after your team returns home.
After volunteering during the day, you will have free time in the evenings for excursions, relaxation and reflection. During your day off, you and your team will explore local museums, beaches and attractions. With a packed itinerary, your mind will be buzzing with cultural exchanges and your heart full for the beautiful people of Brazil.
On this trip, you’ll spend days on the build site construction new shelter for future homeowners. You’ll stay double occupancy in a local hotel or retreat center where you’ll have breakfast and dinner at the hotel or local restaurants and lunch on the build site.
- Saturday: Depart. Grab your packed bags and head for Brazil!
- Sunday: Arrive. Join us in Brazil where you’ll be greeted at the airport by Habitat staff. After meeting the other volunteers on your team, you'll spend the afternoon at the beach. Over dinner, Habitat will share about our innovative work in the region and as well as the week's project.
- Monday-Thursday: Build. Your team will build with local, skilled construction workers. After work, the team will have time for excursions, rest and reflection meetings. On Wednesday you'll visit a local school and learn more about the community. In the evenings you'll have time to rest and reflect on the day's experiences with the rest of the team before dinner.
- Friday: Celebrate. Enjoy your final day of building with partner families before the dedication ceremony and rest and reflection in the evening.
- Saturday: Explore. Spend the final day exploring the beauty of Brazil with a visit to local national parks or beaches. Close out the trip by reflecting on the week’s experiences over dinner with your team.
- Sunday: Goodbyes. Depart for home or continue your journey in Brazil independently.
Leading this trip
Tricia Vos lives in Boston and when she's not traveling or volunteering, she works part-time as a consultant in the field of medical chemistry. She's led 12 previous Global Village teams and can't wait to share this experience with you!