Buenos Aires, Argentina
Trip cost: US$2,385
Join this Global Village build in Argentina and experience how Habitat serves families in urban areas through microfinance programs.
You’ll build alongside homeowners who are building a foundational “seed” house. They’ll continue to expand the house after your team heads home.
While you get to know the local community, you’ll also learn how Habitat Argentina is strengthening the abilities and resources of marginalized groups in the region. Experience Argentinian culture as if you’re a local while immersing yourself in building holistic housing solutions throughout the week.
You can expect to stay double-occupancy in a modest and comfortable hotel. The team will eat lunch on the build site and experience authentic Argentinian cuisine as you dine at nearby restaurants with your team.
- Friday: Depart. Grab your packed bags and head towards Argentina.
- Saturday: Arrive. Join us in Buenos Aires where Habitat staff will greet you upon arrival and take you to meet up with the rest of your team.
- Sunday: Explore. Go sightseeing in and around Buenos Aires and sample local cuisine.
- Monday: Learn and build. Discover Habitat’s innovative work in the region and find out about your team’s project. The team will start building seed houses in the afternoon.
- Tuesday-Friday: Build. The team will dig the foundation, mix cement and assist the local masons to build a new seed home. The team will have time for excursions, rest and reflection meetings in the evenings.
- Saturday: Community service. Meet local partners who are meeting the needs of the community we are building in and then team up to work on a service project. Then relax and barbecue with your homeowner family and Habitat Argentina staff.
- Sunday: Goodbyes. Continue your journey in Argentina independently or head on home.
Leading this team
Thomas Olschner is leading this team to Argentina and would love to tell you more about the experience.
When asked why he’s excited to lead another Global Village trip, Tom reflected, “Each time I have returned from a Global Village trip, I have had a great sense of satisfaction that the trip benefitted our host family and also the members on our team. I think the best people in the world sign up to serve on Global Village teams!”