Trip cost: US$1,760
Partner with Habitat for Humanity Paraguay to help bring strength, stability and independence to a family in need of a decent place to live.
As you build with the family, you’ll be welcomed into the community. Eat traditional food and meet the neighbors whose community you’re helping to improve. This trip is a unique opportunity to experience life inside the culture.
After volunteering during the day, you will have free time in the evenings for excursions, relaxation and reflection. During your day off, you and your team will explore the area in and around Asuncion. In order to better understand the local culture, the team will have a cooking lesson, watch a traditional dance or visit an artisan homeowner.
The team will stay double-occupancy in modest, comfortable hotel rooms. Lunch will be on the build site, while breakfast and dinner will be at the hotel or local restaurants. While you spend time on the build site, you’ll help move dirt and bricks, dig for septic tanks, bend rebar, mix and pour cement and much more!
- Saturday: Travel. Grab your packed bags and head for Paraguay! Habitat will greet you when you arrive and take you to meet your team.
- Sunday: Welcome. Join us in Paraguay where you’ll be greeted at the airport by Habitat staff. Travel with your team to Asuncion where you’ll enjoy your first meal together and learn about Habitat’s innovative work in the region.
- Monday-Friday: Build. Skilled construction workers will guide you and your team as you build. The team will have time for excursions, rest and reflection meetings in the evenings.
- Saturday: Explore. The team will have a free day to explore local markets, enjoy a mate and sample local cuisine.
- Sunday: Goodbyes. Continue your journey in South America independently or head on home.
Leading this team
Andrea Bishop will lead this special team to Paraguay and would love to share more about the experience!
When asked about her favorite Global Village memories, Andrea shared, "There are a million tiny moments that make up each Global Village experience, whether it's a shy smile from a child, a warm hug from a homeowner or seeing a group of volunteers who met for the first time yesterday fall into a seamless rhythm alongside the local construction crew. It's in those moments, and through the connections you form, that you find yourself fundamentally changed. The staggering statistics on sub-standard housing aren't just numbers anymore. They become personal, and that's something that both moves and mobilizes you."