Tien Giang, Vietnam
Trip cost: US$1,575
Join this trip and learn more about how Habitat serves homeowners through more than home construction, and how adequate water and sanitation facilities lead to improved living conditions.
The Tien Giang province, situated along the Mekong Delta's coastline, faces the ocean and is one of the most vulnerable communities at risk to typhoons and storms from the ocean, leading to flooding in the area and destruction of poorly constructed homes. Your team will work to provide access to safe shelter, water and sanitation facilities for low-income families.
Get to know Vietnam with visits to local markets, city tours, cooking classes and much more! Teams stay in double occupancy rooms at a local hotel where they'll enjoy meals as a team and visit local restaurants.
- Thursday-Friday: Travel. Grab your packed bags and depart for Vietnam!
- Saturday: Arrive. Join us in Vietnam! Habitat staff will greet you when you arrive and take you to meet your team.
- Monday: Learn. Travel with your team to Tien Giang and learn about Habitat’s work in that community.
- Monday-Thursday: Build. Spend time on the work site building disaster-resistant shelter for Vietnam homeowners breaking for lunch and snacks throughout the day. The team will have time for reflection meetings, excursions and rest in the evenings.
- Friday: Explore. The team will go sightseeing in and around the community and sample local cuisine.
- Saturday: Goodbyes. Continue your journey in Vietnam independently or head on home.
Leading this team
Emily Fortman will lead this team to Vietnam and would love to tell you more about the experience.
When asked why she's excited to lead another trip, Emily reflected, "On each of my 12 Global Village trips, I have found the greatest pleasure in interacting with the partner families – especially the children – who will be able to live in a decent, affordable home. The stability of a permanent home is invaluable to these families and something I wish for every person in the world."