Al Sanabel, Jordan
Trip cost: US$1,680
Join a group of dedicated volunteers on a Global Village trip as you help build strength and stability with a family in Jordan.
You'll do more than build a physical home, you'll also gain insight into the complexities of Middle Eastern culture by dining with Jordanian families each night. Meet the local community and explore the rich history of the region.
Teams will stay at a guesthouse with separate communal sleeping for men and women.
Join this trip today and prepare yourself for an authentic Middle Eastern experience in the rural northern valley of Jordan. You'll learn how the current political and economic unrest in the area affects families in the region and how Habitat is serving homeowners across the country.
- Friday: Depart. Grab your packed bags and head towards Jordan.
- Saturday: Arrive. Arrive in Amman, the capital of Jordan. Habitat for Humanity will pick you up at the airport and introduce you to your team at dinner.
- Sunday: Learn. Travel to the affiliate community, where Habitat staff will share our impact in Jordan and brief the team on your project.
- Monday-Thursday: Build. Serve on the work site throughout the day with free time, team meetings and cultural activities in the evenings. Celebrate on Thursday with a dedication ceremony.
- Friday: Goodbyes. Continue your journey in the Middle East independently or depart for home.
Leading this team
Christian Roose will lead this trip and would love to tell you more about the experience!
When asked about his fondest Global Village memories, Christian shared,"[I enjoy] seeing the smiles on the homeowners' faces, hearing the individual voices of the team form into one and feeling the love and everlasting friendship that has been shared and created."