April 25-May 3, 2020: Travel, learn and build on the Global Village trip to Bolivia!
Trip cost: US$2,140
Help improve the housing situations for children with difficult diseases so they can return home.
In Bolivia, many families’ homes have water and sanitation problems due to unstable roofs, dirt floors that cultivate diseases and walls made of adobe bricks that allow humidity into the house. Habitat for Humanity Bolivia’s “We Are Waiting for You at Home” project works to ensure children receiving treatment can return to homes with safe, adequate conditions that support their recovery and reduce their risk of developing associated diseases.
You’ll be staying in double-occupancy rooms at a nearby hotel where breakfast and dinner will be provided. Lunches will be served on the build site. Typical work site tasks include moving bricks, mixing cement, digging trenches, cutting and tying rebar and leveling floors. Off the build site, you’ll have the opportunity to interact with the local community and partner families.
- Saturday. Welcome. Arrive at Jorge Wilsterman International Airport where Habitat staff will greet you at the airport and transport you to your accommodations. You’ll get to know your team over dinner at a local restaurant.
- Sunday: Learn. Habitat staff will share about our innovative work in the region, the week’s project and children’s rights in Bolivia.
- Monday-Thursday: Build. Spend the day on the build site, breaking for lunch, snacks and water throughout the day. You’ll have free time and team activities in the evenings.
- Friday: Celebrate. Spend the morning working on the build site followed by a farewell ceremony in the afternoon celebrating the week’s accomplishments.
- Saturday: Explore. Spend the day exploring the city, visiting local sights and learning more about the culture.
- Sunday: Goodbyes. Depart for home or continue your journey in Bolivia independently.
Please note that while our itineraries begin with arrival day in country, some locations require additional days for travel.
Leading this trip
Tricia Vos lives in Boston, and when she's not traveling or volunteering, she works part-time as a consultant in the field of medical chemistry. She took her first Global Village trip in 2012 and was immediately hooked! Tricia began leading teams in 2013 because she wanted to share her love of the Global Village program with others. On each trip, she strives to ensure that everyone has a positive experience and ends the week feeling like they're a part of something big! She can't wait to share this experience with you.