The Added Value of Partnering with Habitat for Humanity in the Asia-Pacific Region
Habitat for Humanity International invites local and multinational businesses to address the challenges of poverty housing in the Asia-Pacific region.
A growing number of companies large and small are partnering with Habitat for Humanity to help people in need secure simple, decent and affordable homes.
Corporations partner with Habitat in numerous ways. They donate gifts-in-kind. They provide financial support. They mobilize employees as Habitat volunteers. They offer business expertise and acumen.
Partnering with Habitat for Humanity offers a wealth of benefits
- A worthwhile way to demonstrate corporate social responsibility credentials.
- A tangible opportunity to “give back” to communities.
- High-voltage public relations.
- Staff team building opportunities leading to positive effect on company morale
- Tax relief on donations in some countries.
Five Ways To Invest
- FINANCIAL RESOURCES: Corporate funds not only help build homes for families in need. They build communities and through generations of homeowners. Homeowner’s monthly mortgage payments combined with donations are used to build more homes.
- STAFF BUILDS: Corporate builds deliver new homes – and offer opportunities for co-workers to grow, bond and unite in the goal of helping those in need. Employees at every level get to see each other at their best. The positives get carried back to the workplace.
- GIFTS IN KIND: Donations of construction products and services directly lower the costs of building homes. Office space, equipment and other facilities help Habitat support its building programs. Donations of media space help publicize Habitat’s work.
- EXPERIENCE: Corporate executives and professionals provide leadership skills and high-level connections that create new opportunities for Habitat to help families in need.
- EXPERTISE: Seconding professionals from architects and engineers to accountants and PR executives help Habitat to adopt cost-efficient best practices and so enable more homes to be built faster, cheaper, better.
Current and recent corporate relationships include:
Aditya Birla Group (India)
American Standard (Vietnam)
Amkor Technologies (Philippines)
ANZ Bank (New Zealand)
Arts for Life (Sri Lanka)
Ayala Group (Philippines)
Bank of Hawaii (Guam)
Cargill (China, Korea, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand)
Cisco Systems (New Zealand)
Citigroup (Korea, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand)
Deutsche Bank (Korea)
Dulux/Orica (New Zealand)
GE Capital (Thailand)
General Motors (Indonesia, Korea, Thailand)
Honeywell Corporation (Australia)
JP Morgan Chase Foundation (Thailand)
Junglim Architecture (Korea)
Lafarge Group (Korea, Philippines)
Korea Housing & Commercial Bank (Korea)
Marriott Corporation (Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand)
Money Gram (China)
Nike (Korea, Thailand)
PMI Mortgage Insurance (New Zealand)
Procter & Gamble (Korea)
Renaissance Hotel (Malaysia)
Samsung Construction (Korea)
Salesforce.com Foundation (Japan)
United Airlines Foundation (Singapore, Thailand)
Volvo Construction Equipment (Korea)
Zuellig Pharma (Philippines)
For more information on starting a partnership with Habitat for Humanity in the Asia-Pacific region, contact email@example.com