BUiLD: Join the movement
By Habitat for Humanity International’s BUiLD team
Roughly one in four people around the world live in substandard housing, enduring intolerable conditions. Since 1976, Habitat for Humanity has been focused on creating a solution. To date, our work has ensured that more than 2.5 million people have safe, decent homes to call their own, and we’re constantly looking for ways to do more. That’s where BUiLD comes in.
BUiLD is Habitat’s movement to create a world where everyone has a decent place to live. Whether it’s following Habitat on social media, purchasing a BUiLD product or spreading the word to friends, people from all walks of life can perform simple actions to help Habitat. Through online and in-store promotions — and support from Habitat’s corporate partners — BUiLD helps raise awareness of the global housing need. It also grows support for Habitat’s global mission by putting housing on people’s hearts and minds.
Through the BUiLD campaign, we call on every individual to help make that vision a reality. The “i” in “BUiLD” reflects a challenge: an inspiration and an invitation to make a personal commitment to help change the world through decent housing for all.
Join the BUiLD movement. Visit www.habitat.org/build and:
- Take the BUiLD pledge to end poverty housing. Share a photo and tell us what you will build.
- Watch, download, or share slideshows and videos about Habitat volunteers and homeowners.
- Learn more about why and where we build through our flagship publication,Habitat World.
- Volunteer. You can build with Habitat in hundreds of places and ways.
- Use your voice to advocate for the changes needed to make decent, affordable housing possible.
- Support our work around the world by donating to Habitat.
- Coming soon: Wear your support for Habitat on your sleeve — shop our premium line of BUiLD apparel and merchandise online.
We’re proud of what we build and who we build with. We would be honored to have you help us bring people together to build homes, communities and hope.