Help build homes, communities and hope in 2013
“How do I get involved?” It’s one of the questions we are asked most frequently — and one question we absolutely love to answer.
As this new year begins, here’s a starter sampler of ways you can join us in 2013 as we build homes, communities and hope.
- Find your local affiliate.
- Shop — and donate to — your local Habitat ReStore.
- Give a gift.
- Youth, veterans, RV Care-a-Vanners, short-term or long-term — find a volunteer program that fits you best.
- Be a part of National Women Build Week.
- Consider including a Global Village trip in your travel plans.
- Become an advocate for Habitat’s work through special opportunities that include the annual event Habitat on the Hill.
- Mark your calendar for World Habitat Day.
- Apply for a Habitat house.
- Spread the word on social media.
For more ideas and updated information — as well as inspirational stories that demonstrate the impact of the actions we take together — be sure to follow this blog every week, visit habitat.org and subscribe to Habitat World.