Habitat. We build.
Around the world, 1.6 billion people — roughly the population of China and the U.S. combined — lack adequate shelter.
Habitat for Humanity has a vision of a world where everyone has a decent place to live.
We believe in this vision because we know shelter is about more than four walls and a roof. A safe, secure, adequate, affordable home changes lives.
- A home helps people stay healthier.
- A home helps children do better in school.
- A home helps people feel safe and secure.
- A home helps families achieve financial stability and reach for new opportunities.
- A home helps break the relentless cycle of poverty.
Habitat works toward our vision in multiple ways:
- We help families construct, rehabilitate or preserve their homes.
- We provide shelter-focused technical assistance, including legal help, financial literacy training and construction advice and training.
- We connect people through market development and partnerships so they can access tools and resources to improve their shelter.
- We advocate to improve access to decent and affordable shelter.
At this very moment, in locations all around the world, Habitat volunteers, supporters and families are building homes, communities and hope.
What we really are building is a world where every family, every child, has a chance for a better tomorrow.