Lenten days of prayer, service and sacrifice
Traditionally, Lent is observed from Ash Wednesday to Easter. It is a time of reflection, repentance and prayer. The specially created devotional guide and other opportunities offered here provide ways for congregations to join Habitat for Humanity in 40 days of prayer, service and sacrifice. These activities support faith groups in their ministry goals by offering people a way to share God’s love and lead people to grow in their faith. And they are tangible ways for members of the faith community to put their faith into action.
During this spring build season, we invite our faith partners to actively participate in our mission to create a world where everyone has a decent place to live.
- Pray. Pray for the families affected by poverty housing or homelessness, 1.6 billion people globally.
- Serve. Build with a local affiliate during Lent Build 2015 from Feb. 18 - Apr. 4 or volunteer internationally through our Global
Village program for Lent Build 2016 from Feb. 10 - Mar. 26, 2016.
- Sacrifice. Download our Lent calendar to involve your entire family in a fun-filled fundraiser designed to raise awareness concerning poverty housing.
- Guidance for faith partners (PDF)
- Calendar: 40 Days of Prayer, Service and Sacrifice (PDF)
- Lent devotional guide: The Season of Lent – 40 Days of Prayer, Service and Sacrifice (English PDF | Spanish PDF)
For more information, please contact email@example.com.