Mobile Response Units
Facts about Habitat for Humanity’s first-ever fleet of Mobile Response Units
24 Habitat Mobile Response Units traveled nearly 900 miles from Atlanta to assist communities in New York and New Jersey recovering from Hurricane Sandy
- The mobile units — a first-ever for the organization — will help Habitat’s “Repair. Rebuild. Restore.” effort to assist in critical home repairs, rehabilitations/reconstruction, weatherization and new construction.
- The Mobile Response Units are Express C-20 Panel Vans donated by Chevrolet. (19 cargo vans, 5 passenger vans)
- Each Mobile Response Unit carries more than 60 critical items that volunteers and families can use in repair and construction efforts.
- Each Mobile Response Unit contains:
Tools and equipment donated by Lowe’s
3M Standard Hard Hats
Tools and equipment donated by the Robert Bosch Tool Corporation
Bosch variable speed reciprocating saws
- The response units represent total donations of nearly $1 million.
- Chevrolet $817,000
- Lowe’s $80,000
- The Robert Bosch Tool Corporation $100,000