Preserving home exteriors and revitalizing neighborhoods
Our Home Preservation program offers painting, landscaping and minor repair services to eligible homeowners so they can continue to live in safe, decent homes for years to come. Projects include painting, landscaping, weatherization and minor repair services.
How does the program work?
- Habitat selects partner families based on income, need and willingness to partner.
- Habitat affiliates use volunteer labor and donated materials to keep costs low.
- An affordable loan is made to the homeowner to cover the cost of the project. Payments are placed in a revolving fund to help Home Preservation serve others in need.
- This program would not be possible without the generosity of Valspar, the co-founder and underwriter of the Home Preservation program.
Why does Habitat for Humanity offer these exterior maintenance services?
- Families live in safe and well-maintained homes.
- Neighborhoods are revitalized.
- Community connections are made.
- Affordable housing inventory is preserved.
Contact your local Habitat to find out how you can get involved in Home Preservation today.