Associate Director - Center for Innovation, Shelter and Finance
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
The Center for Innovation in Shelter and Finance (CISF) team’s vision is to serve as a place of knowledge, expertise, advice and innovation, enabling low- and very low-income families to acquire adequate housing. We’re leveraging our expertise in the housing finance market and our proven background in construction technical assistance services within Asia to facilitate collaboration between public, private and third-sector actors in the market. Our goal is to increase the number of clients serviced with access to (shelter related) products, financing, and services to over 47,000 by 2018.
We’ve already laid the groundwork for Asia’s CISF and are now in need of a champion to further develop, nurture, and expand our program to develop sustainable and innovative housing solutions for those who lack adequate housing. As the Associate Director - Center for Innovation, Shelter and Finance, you operate at the global/regional level, analyzing the direction of the program at the macro level to strategically expand the housing finance solutions to fit will within partner organization’s structures. Each relationship built between Habitat and partner organizations is unique and requires someone with the right amount of finesse in order to influence others to commit to actions or products.
This position is based at our area office in Manila, Philippines and involves up to 50% travel within the Asia/Pacific region.
· Lead the overall development strategy to further establish the Center for Innovation in Shelter and Finance for Asia
· Directly package and sell the Center’s Advisory Services to MFI’s and other Bottom of the Pyramid (BOP) firms that already work with low income families to offer appropriate housing products (finance, construction materials, and building services)
· Develop the three components to the CISF
o Advisory Services
o Peer Learning
o Knowledge Management
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent wok experience
• 10+ years’ experience in consulting business
• 5+ years’ experience working with Bottom of the Pyramid (BOP) firms
• Demonstrated experience advising boards and senior management on business strategy
• Excellent Written and verbal Communication skills in English
• Master’s Degree (economics, business, finance, or international development)
• Program/project management
• International expertise; in Asia if possible
• Asian Pacific language skillset a clear advantage
*For additional information on Habitat’s Center for Innovation in Shelter and Finance, please visit: http://www.habitat.org/cisf/
Please send your resume and cover letter stating why you wish to work for Habitat as ONE SAVED DOCUMENT.
HFHI is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veterans/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
|Posting Id:||57 927|