CA, Oakland - Site Superintendent
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
Habitat for Humanity East Bay/Silicon Valley is seeking a site superintendent to manage our South Bay projects. The site superintendent is responsible for “hands-on” residential construction at HEBSV construction sites. The site superintendent is also responsible for AmeriCorps and volunteer management, project planning, site organization and property management. The role of the site superintendent is to ensure that volunteers, homeowners and staff work in a safe, efficient and productive environment.
Required skills and abilities:
- Four years of paid, journey-level carpentry experience, preferably in wood-frame or residential construction.
- Hands-on knowledge and experience with light construction from foundation to finish plumbing, electrical and mechanical knowledge is helpful.
- One or more years as a construction lead person, superintendent or assistant superintendent.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Familiarity with the Uniform Building Code.
- Ability to devise and teach - with patience - simple construction methods.
- Desire to develop future Habitat leaders.
- Ability to manage large groups of unskilled people.
- Have a temperament that is suitable for the environment of a volunteer-run, nonprofit organization and the ability to create a work environment that is cheerful, productive and inclusive.
- Commitment to the HEBSV mission to build low-cost housing.
Be part of a dynamic team and make a difference in your community!