Dade City, FL - ReStore Cashier (PT)
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
A cashier is expected to complete transactions from seller to buyer in an efficient and friendly manner.
- Greet arriving customers.
- Operate sales counter.
- Operate cash register to document merchandise sales.
- Follow established procedures for customer sales.
- Respond to customer inquiries.
- Answer & process phone calls as needed.
- Direct customers to appropriate areas of the store.
- Assist other volunteers as needed.
Specific knowledge and skills required
- Valid high school diploma or GED.
- Must be comfortable handling money and operating cash register.
- Must be people-oriented, flexible, enthusiastic, and willing to advocate the mission of Habitat for Humanity.
- Must have a professional demeanor and remain friendly and polite when faced with difficult customer situations.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize and handle multiple functions simultaneously and communicate clearly and courteously, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills are required.
Submit resumes to Habitat ReStore director, East and Central Pasco County Habitat for Humanity, 15017 US Highway 301, Dade City, FL 33523, or by email to email@example.com.
Closing date: October 22, 2012