FL, Miami - Habitat ReStore Cashier
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Miami is seeking a cashier for our Habitat ReStore located in Cutler Ridge. This position reports to the Habitat ReStore manager and entails handling the sales counter, key in sales on the cash register, act as a point of contact for our customers, maintain sales counter area and being a team member.
- Greet customers as they enter and thank them as they exit.
- Count cash drawer before and after work.
- Complete and reconcile cash drawer at the end of the day by writing up daily sales report and running settlement report of credit card charges.
- Must maintain safe, neat and clean environment around cash register.
- Inform manager of any safety issues and accidents.
- Learn the various policies concerning merchandise.
- Check out customers.
- Must cross train with other positions.
- Be familiar with merchandise.
- Check answering machines regularly for messages, return calls or relay information to floor manager.
- Answer phones when necessary.
- Scheduling donation pick up when necessary.
- Sign in volunteers/community service people and homeowners.
- Assist with volunteers.
- Maintain front desk with necessary forms and supplies.
- Stay behind the register at all times.
- Check the authenticity of bills $10 and larger.
- Assist in additional tasks as needed.
Required skills/experience/physical requirements
- Must have at least two years of cashier experience.
- Friendly, helpful, positive attitude at all times with customers, staff and volunteers.
- Understanding of simple math operations.
- Knowledge of POS system, Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Must be able to stand at least eight hours a day.
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds unassisted.
- Must be able to coordinate and assist with volunteers when needed from diverse backgrounds and age groups.
- High standards of personal and professional integrity and accountability.
Hours and compensation
This position is a full-time hourly position, working 40 hours per week from Tuesday through Saturday. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, Life Insurance, 403B retirement plan, PTO and paid holidays.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume in attention to Yolanda Melchionno in the HR Department, at email@example.com, or apply in person at 3800 N.W. 22nd Avenue, Miami, FL 33142.
Post date: Thursday, March 7, 2013
Deadline for submitting resume: Wednesday, March 14, 2013
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Miami is a not-for-profit Christian ministry which builds homes in partnership with low-income families and is fully committed to equal employment opportunity, and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.