LA, New Orleans - Construction Site Supervisor
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
Eradicate poverty housing by working with construction anagement team in scheduling, implementing and communicating the plan of action for the attainment of the goals for the respective area of responsibility.
The Construction Site Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day building of NOAHH houses including but not limited to:
- Teach, direct and manage volunteers.
- Order/receive/store materials.
- Maintain assigned tools and trucks.
- Coordinate subcontractors throughout the build process.
- Attend regular department meetings.
- Work with multiple levels of management, city inspectors as well as partner/homeowner families.
- Manage deliverables/deadlines.
- Record and report progress on a regular basis to various NOAHH departments.
- Minimum of two years of residential construction experience.
- Must be familiar with and should be moderately proficient in all aspects of home construction including elevated floor systems, framing, siding, roofing and interior trim work.
- Basic knowledge of the trades as well as the inspection process.
- Must be able to read blue prints.
- Highly motivated and energetic and display strong interpersonal communication and leadership skills.
- Friendly and patient and able to teach and manage unskilled volunteers effectively.
- Responsible, diligent and organized.
- Driver’s license and a vehicle to travel to and from work is a must.
Essential job functions
The Construction Site Supervisor job responsibilities shall include but are not limited to the following:
- Be a good, solid representative of Habitat.
- Coordination of subcontractors, materials and inspections.
- Volunteer management.
- Quality control.
- Update/maintenance of build schedule/progress and milestone reports.
- Order and file paperwork as required throughout the various stages of construction.
- Communicate important milestones and activities to other departments.
This is a full-time salaried position with benefits, requiring a workweek of Tuesday-Saturday and some occasional evenings as required.
Resumes accepted via email only to email@example.com.