MD, Oakland - Executive Director
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
Garrett County Habitat for Humanity is accepting applications for executive director. GCHFH is a nonprofit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry whose mission is to build safe, affordable houses for those in need. This is a full-time position located in Oakland, Md.
The executive director position encompasses a variety of job responsibilities, including lead executive for the affiliate. The executive director will provide the leadership and vision to fulfill HFH’s mission in Garrett County, Maryland.
The executive director will oversee and manage all aspects of the operation including construction, financial, family relations, fundraising/development, mortgage servicing and community relations. The executive director will maintain relationships with the nationwide, state and regional Habitat affiliates, United Way, program donors and federal, state and local government habitat sponsored programs.
- Extensive general management experience for a business unit (for profit or nonprofit) with a proven track record for success.
- Experience with Habitat for Humanity preferred.
- Experience preferred in construction, real estate or land development.
- Experience in managing the P/L of businesses or nonprofit organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.
- Solid understanding of financial reporting.
- highly motivated and results oriented.
- Excellent written, oral and team leadership skills.
- Negotiating skills and problem solving capabilities.
To apply, submit resume, letter of interest, and salary requirements to Garrett County Habitat for Humanity, PO Box 363, Oakland, MD 21550, or Email email@example.com. Applications will be accepted through Monday, February 24, 2014.