National Director – Tanzania
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
The National Director reports to the Habitat for Humanity Tanzania (HFHT) Board of Directors with cross functional reporting to the Director of Programs of the Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) Africa Middle East Africa Office. The National Director is responsible for leading the HFHT country program to achieve its program goals and objectives.
Duties / Areas of Responsibility:
1. Program Management: Lead HFHT to achieve its goals and objectives as stated in its strategic plan, annual plans, memoranda of understanding and business plans. The National Director will ensure that all program interventions comply with relevant HFHI Standards of Excellence. The National Director will also ensure that lending operations fall within industry standards and comply with Government of Tanzania requirements.
2. Vision and Planning: Develop and guide the vision and long-term goals of HFHT in collaboration with the Board of Directors. The National Director will facilitate the development of strategic and annual plans, as well as business plans for specific program activities. The National Director ensures alignment with the HFHI Strategic Plan and annual planning process.
3. Governance: The National Directors serves as an ex-officio member of the HFHT Board of Directors and supports the board with the governance of HFHT as directed. The National Director ensures that the Board of Directors is fully informed of organizational activities, compliance requirements and potential risks to the institution. The National Director ensures that resolutions are implemented and serves as the liaison between the Board of Directors and HFHT’s staff and other stakeholders.
4. Human Resource Management: Recruit, develop, manage, and evaluate personnel to promote the purposes and achieve the goals of the organization, including staff, advisors, and volunteers. Develop and deploy effective training programs and equitable human resource systems to invest in and retain people of quality, who are devoted to the mission, as the primary resource of the organization. Ensure compliance with HFHT Human Resource Policy.
5. Compliance: In consultation with the board, ensure the fiscal, legal and programmatic integrity, efficiency, and effectiveness of the organization, including oversight of fiscal planning and budgeting, internal controls and external audits, loan tracking and statistical documentation, and accurate and timely fiscal and narrative reporting both to the Area Office and other donors. Ensure compliance with statutory requirements as well as all relevant HFHI policy and standards.
6. Program Funding: The National Director ensures that HFHT ensures sufficient funding and capital for its operations and that the organization complies with the terms of all funding and capital acquired.
7. Communications: The National Director ensures that the message of HFHT is accurately communicated to various stakeholders and constituent groups and protects and develops the Habitat for Humanity brand in Tanzania.
1. 10+ years of successful experience in microfinance lending or low cost housing
2. Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (such as International Development or Relations, Finance, Economics, Public Administration, Management, Civil Engineering, Social Sciences, or Continuing Education
3. Experience in raising capital for microfinance activities
4. Experience in serving on or the development of non-profit/NGO or microfinance boards of directors, strongly preferred
5. Excellent interpersonal, writing, and public speaking skills
6. Proficient in English and Kiswahili, both written and spoken
7. Good financial management and accounting skills
8. Graduate Degree added bonus
9. Community development experience a distinct advantage
10. Experience in training others and performing consultancy services
11. Experience in the microfinance industry and credit management
12. A track-record of effective and exemplary servant leadership
13. General management - Experience in managing people, budgets and other resources required
14. Alignment with and a commitment to model and articulate Habitat AME core values
15. Proficient with word-processing, spreadsheet, database, and email software applications
16. Familiarity with construction and appropriate technology preferred, but not required
Please cut and paste your CV and cover letter, indicating your reasons for your interest in the position, into our applicant tracking system.
Habitat for Humanity engages people of all ages and backgrounds in addressing community needs.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview.
|Job Title Modifier:||National Organization – Tanzania|
|Posting Id:||53 453|
|City:||Dar es Salaam, Tanzania|