NY, New York - Construction Superintendent
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
The Habitat for Humanity New York City construction superintendent is responsible for overseeing all construction activities on HFH - NYC sites and reports to the project manager.
- Oversee the HFH – NYC and general contractor scopes of work, including understanding the overall project scope, detailed design and potential problem areas prior to and during construction.
- Train, oversee and evaluate the HFH - NYC site staff and volunteers.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining proper construction standards and methods for HFH - NYC scope of work, including quality control and safe working environment for the HFH - NYC site staff and volunteers.
- Together with project manager, responsible for developing schedules.
- Responsible for timely and accurate reporting of all field conditions affecting the project schedule and budget to the project manager.
- Ensure that site staff is adequately prepared for volunteer site days by completing a weekly work plan and establishing the supplies and materials required.
- Develop and maintains strong working relationships with the general contractor, sub-contractors, HFH - NYC staff and volunteers.
- Track all field change of design (if any) for the HFH - NYC scope for final as-builts by architect.
- A four-year construction related degree is preferred but not necessarily required.
- A minimum of five years of experience as a construction supervisor.
- Work related experience in major residential rehabs.
- Strong focus on safety and quality.
- Understanding of residential mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems.
- Capable of managing multiple projects concurrently.
- Familiarly with NYC Department of Buildings codes.
- Working knowledge of green building standards, e.g. LEED for Homes, ENERGY STAR and Enterprise Green Communities.
- Must have valid NY State driver’s license.
- This position is a five-day workweek that will include Saturdays and/or Sundays on a regular basis.
Salary: Commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package.
Habitat for Humanity – New York City is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all its activities and programs including employment and promotion. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, physical handicap, veteran or marital status. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
For more information, please access the affiliate website at www.habitatnyc.org.