NY, New York - Director of Real Estate and Construction
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
Reports to: CEO
The director of real estate and construction is responsible for managing Habitat NYC’s affordable homeownership projects from site selection through construction.
This includes managing office and field staff as well as building in a unique model, incorporating working with unskilled volunteers.
- Devise future real estate development strategy and structure.
- Develop and manage a pipeline of housing opportunities which may come from partnerships with developers, private acquisitions and/or government dispositions.
- Oversee the municipal processing and permitting of the organizations residential developments.
- Assist in developing building and financing models specific to Habitat NYC’s needs.
- Inspire and leads a staff of seven talented colleagues as well as a rotating class of AmeriCorps construction staff.
- Lead project team to ensure construction projects are built safely on schedule within budget.
- Key point person with governmental agencies to shepherd projects through city and state approval and funding process.
- Take lead in ensuring an excellent experience for volunteers.
- Ensure legendary customer service on warranty items.
- Ten years of residential real estate development experience primarily based in New York City.
- Experience in affordable housing within New York City is an asset.
- Construction management expert.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated managerial experience.
- Previous board experience an asset.
- Passion for the mission of Habitat for Humanity.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of Real Estate and Construction” in the subject line.