OH, Findlay - Outreach Coordinator
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
Reporting to the executive director, Habitat for Humanity of Findlay/Hancock County is seeking an outreach coordinator to recruit, track, train, schedule and recognize volunteers needed to provide all the human resources to run Habitat’s ReStore, home repair and new home build programs.
This person will be a critical team member sharing integrated goals and must rely on each other’s skills for success. As part of your outreach to educate and engage stakeholders, the outreach coordinator will oversee activities involving marketing, social media and some fundraising to support Habitat’s mission and strategic initiatives to build homes, communities and hope so everyone has a decent place to live.
- Prefer bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, public administration or business.
- Two years’ experience in nonprofit organization working with volunteers or equivalent work related experience.
- Must possess good written communication skills and public speaking skills, demonstrated ability to build relationships and organize special events.
- Proficient in MS Office, desktop publishing, database and spreadsheet software.
- Must have ability to handle concurrent assignments with excellent time management skills in an ever-changing work environment.
- Possess valid driver’s license, ability to stand for long periods of time, and to lift or move 35 lbs. or more.
- Able to support and share the Habitat mission and ministry as a Christian-based organization.
This position includes salary and benefits and requires full-time hours, including some weekends and evenings. Please submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com by Feb. 28, 2014.