PA, Harrisburg – Habitat ReStore Driver/Warehouse Assistant
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
Reports to: Habitat ReStore manager
Direct reports: Volunteers
Restore mission: The Habitat ReStore is a nonprofit business specializing in the resale of new and gently used building materials and supplies to the public.
Our mission is to:
- Provide additional funding to serve more families in our community.
- Expand opportunities to serve a broader base of the low-income community by providing low-cost materials.
- Provide good stewardship of sustainable resources in the community.
Proceeds from the sale of donated items at the Habitat ReStore directly benefit Habitat for Humanity of the Greater Harrisburg Area’s efforts to build, rehab and repair homes in partnership with low to moderate-income families in Dauphin County and the West Shore.
Position mission: Assist the manager to generate revenue, meet budgets and maintain profitability objectives in support of Habitat for Humanity of the Greater Harrisburg Area operations through the acquisition of products. Consistently create positive visibility and face of Habitat in the Habitat ReStore, demonstrating the mission of the Habitat ReStore, Affiliate and Habitat for Humanity International.
Position summary: Habitat is hiring a full-time delivery driver to do donation pick up and deliver in our non-CDL box truck in Dauphin County and surrounding communities.
- Pick up and deliver donations, using Habitat for Humanity vehicles.
- Assist in developing and adhering to criteria for donated materials.
- Move inventory items with forklift equipment as necessary.
- Help maintain organization and cleanliness in the Habitat ReStore and warehouse areas.
- Assist in keeping trucks well maintained and clean, minor repairs as needed.
- Exhibit positive working attitude by demonstrating respect for fellow workers, donors and customers.
- Communicate with donors, volunteers and shoppers the mission of Habitat and our current projects.
- Train and supervise volunteer movers.
Required skills and experience
- Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Valid Pennsylvania driver’s license and good driving record.
- Ability to lift more than 50 lbs., stand, squat, bend and climb in/out of truck on a regular basis.
- Knowledge of furniture moving techniques helpful.
- Retail, service, and/or moving experience helpful.
- Experience driving a box truck helpful.
- Dependable, motivated and good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to relate well to a variety of people.
- Excellent customer service skills, friendly and outgoing personality.
- Interest in working with a fast-paced nonprofit making a difference in our community.
- May be required to pass a background check.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as directed.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Habitat for Humanity is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin or disability.