SD, Rapid City – Habitat ReStore Manager
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
The person in this position manages the Habitat ReStore and construction salvage center operations under the general supervision of the executive director. This includes public relations, staff management, fiscal management and all other duties included in general management.
Summary of essential outcomes:
- Vibrant Habitat ReStore business.
- Abundance of volunteers.
- Quality, diverse inventory.
- Consistent sales growth.
- Supporting role in green advocacy.
- Help design and implement promotion strategies throughout the year.
- Maintain and build working relationships with local contractors and suppliers in order to increase donations at both facilities.
- Coordinate the work of the Habitat ReStore committee.
- Represent the affiliate in the community.
- Recruit, hire, train and supervise paid staff and volunteers according to affiliate policies.
- Maintain facility’s business hours and schedule for adequate staffing levels.
- Ensure proper customer-staff relations.
- Manage the operating budget and provide detailed monthly reports to oerations manager.
- Oversee pricing of inventory items that are for sale to the public, using appropriate guidelines.
- Oversee proper cash register procedures, daily deposit procedures, and petty cash procedures in coordination with established office procedures.
- Maintain appropriate recordkeeping and data management.
- Work with volunteers who are scheduled in various areas.
- Oversee flow of inventory, from entry to exit.
- Keep the facility operations in compliance with all laws and regulations that apply. This includes general safety procedures, vehicle use procedures, and equipment use procedures.
- Conduct all other duties as needed or assigned.
Summary of job qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing; or related professional experience.
- Minimum ofthree years of experience in retail management.
- Familiarity with construction materials.
- Able to work with cash registers, trucks and forklifts.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Flexibility in work habits and work schedule.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Physical ability to perform tasks, including lifting up to 75 pounds.
This position requires local travel in the normal course of performing job duties. Must have access to reliable transportation to perform job duties, valid driver’s license and meet the state required amount of personal automobile liability insurance.
The Habitat ReStore manager reports to the executive director, works in partnership with the operations manager and bookkeeper, and responds to requests from the board, volunteers, and other staff. This person works in a team atmosphere of mutual respect and cooperation.
This position is full-time/salaried.
If you are interested in joining our team, please send a cover letter, resume, references and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to 825 Saint Joseph St., Rapid City, SD 57701 Attn: Human Resources. Please, no phone calls.
Black Hills Area Habitat for Humanity is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Applicants are considered without discrimination with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or other protected status.