Specialist - Prospect Research
Habitat for Humanity International is currently seeking an experienced Specialist - Prospect Research. The Specialist - Prospect Research will focus on proactive research to identify, analyze, qualify and recommend prospects for the development staff. This position is located in HFHI's Administrative Headquarters located in Atlanta, GA.
Essential responsibilities include:
*Compile research profiles and discovery on companies and foundations for major gift cultivation
*Provide initial analysis on gift capacity and philanthropic interests
*Train and demonstrate prospect research processes, systems, and tools to new gift officer staff
*Perform special research including, but not limited to, proactive prospect identification and post-screening analysis
*Provide administrative and technical assistance on as needed basis
* 3-5 years of prospect research with a nonprofit organization, university, or similar institution
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills; a positive attitude and deep commitment to quality, ethics, customer service
* Ability to work hard as an independent member of a team, meet deadlines, and to ask questions and seek direction when needed
* Strong analytical abilities and competence in synthesizing and compiling large amounts of biographical and financial information from diverse sources (including IRS & SEC filings) into relevant, thorough, strategic, and well-organized reports that support fundraising objectives development
* Previous experience with database screening analysis, capital campaign preparation, development operations systems, or international research
* High proficiency in using online databases, internet, and other research sources along with MS Office applications
* Experience with the Blackbaud or Target donor database management systems preferred
* Current or previous membership with APRA or CASE preferred
|About Habitat: |
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need. Habitat for Humanity has an Administrative Headquarters based in Atlanta, an Operational Headquarters based in Americus, Georgia, and Area Office bases of operations in Manila, Philippines for our Asia and Pacific work, San Jose, Costa Rica for our Latin American and Caribbean work and Bratislava, Slovakia for our Europe, the Middle East and Africa work.
HFHI is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
|Job Position Type:||US Employment|
|Job Function:||Resource Development|
|Job Position Category:||Full-time - Salaried|
|Auto Req ID:||33BR|