Carter Work Project locations
President and Mrs. Carter have been building with Habitat for Humanity since 1984. See a timeline of the locations for the past Carter Work Projects from 1984 to 2016.
Habitat for Humanity’s 33rd Jimmy & Rosalynn Carter Work Project brought the Carters together with hundreds of volunteers for a weeklong build in Memphis, Tennessee.
Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas
Habitat for Humanity’s 31st annual Jimmy & Rosalynn Carter Work Project brought the Carters together with thousands of volunteers for a weeklong build in Dallas and Fort Worth, Texas.
California, Colorado, New York and New Jersey
For the 30th consecutive year, the Carters joined with volunteers to build and renovate houses in Oakland and San Jose, California; Denver, Colorado; New York City and Union Beach, New Jersey.
One hundred additional homes were built in the community of Santo.
1984 – 2011
- 2011: Léogâne, Haiti
- 2010: Washington, D.C.; Baltimore and Annapolis, Maryland; Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota; and Birmingham, Alabama
- 2009: The Mekong Region: Thailand, China, Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam
- 2008: The Gulf Coast, Mississippi, Louisiana and Texas
- 2007: Los Angeles, California
- 2006: Lonavala, India
- 2005: Detroit and Benton Harbor, Michigan
- 2004: Mexico
- 2003: Alabama and Georgia
- 2002: South Africa
- 2001: South Korea
- 2000: New York, Florida and Georgia
- 1999: Philippines
- 1998: Houston, Texas
- 1997: Kentucky and Tennessee
- 1994-1996: Eagle Butte, South Dakota; Southern California and Vac, Hungary
- 1990-1993: Tijuana, Mexico; San Diego, California; Miami, Florida; Washington, D.C.; Baltimore, Maryland; Winnipeg, Manitoba and Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
- 1984-1989: New York, Chicago, North Carolina, Philadelphia, Atlanta and Milwaukee