Jonathan Reckford ― Habitat for Humanity Chief Executive Officer
As Habitat for Humanity International’s chief executive officer since 2005, Jonathan T.M. Reckford marshals his vision, leadership and passion for service to guide our global nonprofit in a rapidly changing world.
"Since our founding in 1976, Habitat has helped 6.8 million people achieve strength, stability and self-reliance through shelter," Reckford says. "With a little help, we all have the potential to stand on our own. It is an incredible experience to help homeowners build or improve a place to live and see how they are then able to build a better life for themselves and their families."
- With a start on Wall Street, Reckford went on to hold executive and managerial positions at Goldman Sachs, Marriott, the Walt Disney Co. and Best Buy.
- As a student at Stanford Graduate School of Business, Reckford was awarded the Henry Luce Scholarship for Young American Leaders and traveled to South Korea to work with the Seoul Olympic Organizing Committee.
- Reckford was serving as executive pastor of a 4,300-member church in Edina, Minn., when he received a call about the leadership position at Habitat.
- Reckford holds degrees from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and Stanford Graduate School of Business, where he serves on the board.
- He also sits on the boards of InterAction, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta and Duke Center for the Advancement of Social Entrepreneurship. He is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations and the Urban Steering Committee for the World Economic Forum.
Recent posts by Reckford