Administrative Assistant (Human Resources)
As an Administrative Assistant (Human Resources), you play a crucial role in the efficient and effective operations of the regional office’s Human Resources team and in addition to the entire regional office. You support a team of highly skilled Human Resources (HR) and Learning & Organizational Development (LOD) professionals that deliver value-driven HR/LOD Services to the regional office staff in addition to the 18 National Organizations (NOs) and Branch offices scattered throughout the Asia and the Pacific region. You are insightful and know the needs of the team, sometimes before they do! You not only appreciate diversity, you embrace it. You enjoy interacting with people from different backgrounds, cultures, and walks of life; you see working for an international nonprofit organization as a bonus. You’re attention to detail and organization skills are incredible yet you are simultaneously able to operate within a world where chaos is sometimes present.
This is a particularly interesting opportunity for someone to learn a focus area in specific HR functions, providing an individual the stepping stones to create a career in HR. You will have the opportunity to work within an extremely diverse office comprised of development professionals from around the globe and support a team whose function is to manage Habitat’s most valuable asset, their people. You will be privy to many confidential matters and must therefore keep the strictest of confidence regarding your work detail while remaining a comfortable and approachable to the office staff. Periodically, you will be tasked with organizing and planning employment engagement events and further develop your creative event planning skills.
- Manage and provide clarification on expatriate (international staff) issues, such as:
- Employment contracts
- Benefit questions and guidance
- Government compliance issues (ex: tax, VISA, compliance with local laws)
- HR Database management and maintenance (housed on SharePoint)
- Keep up-to-date on local employment laws (Singapore, Philippines, and Thailand)
- Manage and maintain challenging international work and interview schedules
- Serve as the go-to person within HR/LOD; understanding how HR integrates and relates to the organization and directing individuals to the person
- BA/BS degree (focus in Human Resources, Psychology or Business Admin. helpful)
- Mindboggling communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Effective interpersonal skills/cross cultural sensitivity
- Previous experience working with expat/international staff
- Interest in developing career in Human Resources management with an aptitude for learning and a desire to grow professionally
|About Habitat: |
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need. Habitat for Humanity has an Administrative Headquarters based in Atlanta, an Operational Headquarters based in Americus, Georgia, and Area Office bases of operations in Manila, Philippines for our Asia and Pacific work, San Jose, Costa Rica for our Latin American and Caribbean work and Bratislava, Slovakia for our Europe, the Middle East and Africa work.
HFHI is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
|Region:||Asia & the Pacific|
|Job Position Type:||International Employment|
|Job Function:||Administrative, Human Resources, Learning & Organizational Development|
|Job Position Category:||In-Country National|
|Auto Req ID:||184BR|