Welcome to the Habitat for Humanity International career site.
Here you will learn more about and can apply for Habitat for Humanity International’s current employment, volunteer and internship opportunities. You can also search for open positions with Habitat for Humanity affiliates, as well as positions with our national organizations located outside the United States.
At Habitat for Humanity International, we embrace a history rooted in creating equity and take our mission seriously by courageously committing to a culture and workplace where all staff feel safe, welcome, visible, respected, supported and valued. As an equal opportunity employer, we realize that our success depends upon building an inclusive workforce of diverse perspectives and encourage people of varied races, ethnicities, national origins, tribes, religions, ages, gender identities and expressions, genders, sexual orientations, marital statuses, disabilities, veteran/reserve national guard statuses, socio-economic statuses, thinking and communication styles to work with us.
We also require that all staff take seriously their ethical responsibilities to safeguarding our intended beneficiaries, their communities (especially children), and all those with whom we work. In line with the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse, all staff must pass a thorough background screening and will be held accountable to upholding our policies around ethical behavior, including safeguarding and whistleblowing
To request a disability accommodation related to completing a position application please contact [email protected] and include “Disability Accommodation” in the subject line.
Returning candidates: If you have previously applied for a position with us, sign in to review your information.
Habitat for Humanity is dedicated and committed to building a diverse workforce and inclusive culture. As a result of our ongoing efforts, in 2022 DiversityJobs.com awarded Habitat for Humanity the designation of Top Diversity Employer.
Habitat for Humanity International is part of the Metro Atlanta Chamber’s ATL Action for Racial Equity, a multi-year, multi-step action plan designed to help organizations address the ongoing effects of systemic racism impacting the Black community. Our organizational commitments align with those of ATL Action for Racial Equity, including taking concrete actions in the areas of people, talent pipeline and human resources policies.
Habitat for Humanity International’s total rewards philosophy is to competitively compensate our employees for contributing to our role as a leading global nonprofit working in local communities across all 50 states in the U.S. and in more than 70 countries.
Our employment offerings include:
- Market competitive salaries, with ongoing eligibility for increases and promotions.
- Heavily subsidized medical and dental coverage for employees and dependents.
- Pre-tax health, dependent care and transportation flexible spending accounts.
- Competitive paid time off programs, including vacation, holidays, sick time, parental and personal leave.
- Paid mission leave for local and global Habitat-sponsored service opportunities.
- HFHI provided short and long-term disability coverage.
- Voluntary benefits at group rates.
- Position-based eligibility for alternative work schedule, e.g. flexible hours or e-work.
- HFHI provided individual life insurance coverage with option to purchase more.
- 403(b) retirement plan allowing pre-tax employee contributions with HFHI match.
- HFHI provided Employee Assistance Program coverage for employees and dependents.
- Employee recognition program.
- Tuition reimbursement for eligible college expenses.
- Career and personal development resources.
Benefits for HFHI staff members hired locally in countries outside of the United States are similar in nature and compliant with local employment law practices.
Connect with Habitat
About Habitat for Humanity
Habitat for Humanity, founded in 1976, is a global, Christian-based nonprofit organization that grew out of an intentionally multi-racial community in rural Georgia. Seeking to put God’s love into action, Habitat brings together people of all faiths and people of no faith to build homes, communities and hope. Working alongside each other, we help families and individuals build and improve places to call home and achieve the strength, stability and self-reliance they need to build better lives for themselves. Habitat seeks individuals who have a willingness to affirm these principles and values.