AL, Opelika - Operations Manager
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
Company - Alabama Association of Habitat for Humanity Affiliates.
Location - 3831 Pepperell Parkway, Opelika, AL. 36801 334-737-6401
Industries - Construction – Nonprofit association
Job Type - Part to full-time employee
Years of Experience – 5 to 7 years in nonprofit office management or accounting
Education Level - Minimum of associate's degree
Career Level - Experienced
Salary - Competitive
Alabama Association of Habitat Affiliates (AAHA) is seeking an operations manager to join our dynamic and growing nonprofit organization.
- Administrative support for the executive director, and office/Habitat ReStore staff.
- Assist executive director and management staff with general correspondence.
- Bookkeeping: receivables and payables, payroll and financial reports, prepare bank deposits.
- Answer general telephone and email inquiries.
- Open and distribute incoming mail.
- Prepare all outgoing mail for post office.
- Prepare copies of cash receipts.
- Maintain donor and volunteer database.
- Maintain roster of board members and committees.
- Issue “thank you” letters to donors within one week of receipt of donation.
- Issue “thank you” letters to volunteers within one week of participation.
- Coordinate volunteer scheduling and communicate volunteer guidelines and sending reminder emails and confirmation letters to all groups.
- Order office supplies.
- Responsible for maintaining and scheduling service for office equipment (including copier, fax, scanner, postage meter, phone system).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting software QuickBooks.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and financial analysis.
- Ability to interpret Federal grant regulations.
- Experience with budgeting, auditing, and government contracts.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and proficiency in Excel and Word.
- Associate degree or higher preferred in finance or accounting.
- Prior experience in a nonprofit environment preferred, but not required.
Email Cover Letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Oct. 15, 2012