Area Finance Manager
The Area Finance Manager - Business Strategies is responsible for leading the Regional Finance Managers in Asia Pacific in overseeing and protecting the HFHI brand and overall organization's assets and resources in 20+ countries. As Team Leader, (s)he supervises and stimulates the strengthening of financial management works of National Organization in the Area , and contributes to and influences the overall organizational finance management priorities and strategies.
DUTIES/AREA OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Provides financial management technical oversight. Ensure all financial operations are carried out according to HFHI Policies , accepted international standards and local laws; oversees the consolidation of financial statements and statistical data for 20+ National Organizations and ensure that this reconciles with the program department information; accurate, reliable and timely submission of reports to stakeholders by prescribed deadlines; coordinate and follow up that all National Organizations annual external audit based on HQ regulations, etc.
Leadership and coordination. Supervise and provide leadership to finance staff , coordinate with other departments in ensuring financial and statistical reports reflects accurate and reliable information; participate in different Task Forces related to Financial Practices applicable to Area Office and National Organizations; provides support in responding to National Organizations Crisis Management issues, etc.
Strategy development and implementation quality. Develop different strategy in improving the financial management capacity of the National Organization. This includes but not limited to system installations (i.e. Sun System, Fund Accounting, etc.) developing reporting standards (i.e. for management and different donors), partnership management, etc.
Donor Management oversight. Provides support to National Organization in managing grants. This includes but not limited to overseeing donor budget preparation, budget implementation and ensuring compliance to donor requirements; facilitates of implementation project based funding, strengthens NO capacity on grant management, etc.
Monitoring. Monitor implementation of minimum financial requirements; conduct desk review and/or travel to country offices as needed to provide technical assistance and troubleshoot along with staff; follow up Action Plan with the Audit Report and follow up implementation, etc.
Other supports for AP Finance department as needed, such as:
- Preparing consolidated financial statements - area wide
- Provide financial analysis and key financial indicators
- Work with GFN countries on reporting on their fund transfer to various National Organizations
- Lead Fund Accounting implementation - area wide
- Direct Regional Finance Managers on how to appropriately support National Organizations
- Direct and supervise Internal Control Policies and guidelines implementation
- Direct and lead Finance and System Analyst how to provide appropriate reporting tool to National Organization's and users of financial statements for management decision
- Review and approve of payments, local payrolls, etc.
- Coordinate with various Department Heads and provide support as needed such as Housing Finance, Resource Development, Disaster Response, special projects, etc.
- Guide and lead National Organizations in preparation of annual budgets, project based budgets, etc.
• Good understanding of GAAP
• Strong analytical skills
• Details oriented and ability to work and interprets numbers, figures, and other financial information
• Proven experience in managing different cultures and distance management
• Strong communication skills - both oral and written
• Experience in using Sun System
• Proven experience in managing teams
Seven plus years of international experience.
Preferable experience working on or with boards of non-profit organizations.
Bachelor's Degree in Finance and or Accounting
CPA and /or Master’s Degree preferred
|About Habitat: |
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need. Habitat for Humanity has an Administrative Headquarters based in Atlanta, an Operational Headquarters based in Americus, Georgia, and Area Office bases of operations in Manila, Philippines for our Asia and Pacific work, San Jose, Costa Rica for our Latin American and Caribbean work and Bratislava, Slovakia for our Europe, the Middle East and Africa work.
HFHI is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
|Region:||Asia & the Pacific|
|Job Position Type:||International Employment|
|Job Function:||Finance / Accounting, International National Organization|
|Job Position Category:||International Post|
|Auto Req ID:||185BR|