Associate Director, State and Local Relations
Habitat for Humanity International(HFHI) is seeking a talented individual to serve as our Associate Director, State and Local Relations. In this role, the selected individual will provide direct technical assistance and guidance to affiliates regarding state or local legislation/regulations that may impact affiliates ability to serve families. Additionally this role will assist in the building of relationships with state/local focused groups, and with groups involved in major state-level issues.
- State & Local Relations work
- Survey and monitor state –level legislative trends to keep affiliates informed of important trends.
- Provide materials and analysis of major state level issues for release to affiliates and Habitat State Support Organizations.
- Manage, create and update content for the State & Local Resource Center, a centralized clearing house for affiliate best practiceand policy.
- Help facilitate the engagement of affiliated organizations in state and local policy to increase their ability to serve families
- Assist and respond to the needs of Habitat affiliated organizations in creating, leading, and participating in state and local legislative campaigns to address issues impacting affiliates abilities to serve families
- Provide guidance and technical assistance to HFHI staff regarding state or local issues likely to impact affiliates.
- Identify, create content for, and provide affiliate trainings for Habitat on the Hill and around major state and local regulatory issues.
- Support the implementation of the Advocacy Strategic Initiative, U.S. and global advocacy campaigns
- Supporting HFHI's regulatory work including the monitoring and implementation of regulations
- 3-5 years of related experience working with government grant processes and requirements (State and/or Federal)
- Experience in state or local policy, housing, or govenmental relations
- Bachelors degree. Advanced Degree preferred
- Demonstrated research and policy experience
- Experience in analyzing or drafting legislation, regulations, and laws is a plus
- Office and computer equipment skills (internet, database management, email, electronic calendar, word processing, electronic forms, spreadsheets)
- Ability to perform analysis, research writing and project management
- Ability to complete time-sensitive projects
- Ability to work in a small-office environment
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; and multi-task oriented.
|About Habitat: |
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need. Habitat for Humanity has an Administrative Headquarters based in Atlanta, an Operational Headquarters based in Americus, Georgia, and Area Office bases of operations in Manilla, Philippines for our Asia and Pacific work, San Jose, Costa Rica for our Latin American and Caribbean work and Bratislava, Slovakia for our Europe, the Middle East and Africa work.
HFHI is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
|Job Position Type:||US Employment|
|Job Function:||Advocacy, Government Relations|
|Job Position Category:||Full-time - Salaried|
|Auto Req ID:||10BR|