Dade City, FL - ReStore Warehouse Associate (FT)
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
Process and prepare donated materials in an efficient and safe manner.
- Assists on box truck to transport and deliver donated materials.
- Keeps record of materials and products transported.
- Operates equipment on vehicle to load, unload or disperse cargo or materials.
- Obtains customer signature for goods received.
- Assists in loading and unloading truck manually.
- Interact positively with donors, customers and volunteers.
- Assist in testing, cleaning, repairing and preparing merchandise for sales floor.
- Able to be flexible and perform other tasks as assigned by immediate supervisor or management to ensure smooth daily operations.
- Performs a routine safety check in warehouse and sales floor.
- Keeps Loading Dock space in a neat, safe, clean and workable environment.
- Assists in keeping sales floor neat, safe, clean and shopable.
Specific knowledge and skills required
- Ability to understand and perform written and oral instruction.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Able to lift up to 75 lbs., perform heavy manual tasks, work standing or walking for a full workday, and be capable of performing outside duties under all weather conditions.
- Must be people-oriented, flexible, enthusiastic, and willing to advocate the mission of Habitat for Humanity.
- Must have a professional demeanor and remain friendly and polite when faced with difficult customer situations.
- Safe and efficient operations of hand and power tools, vehicles and heavy equipment. (forklift certification preferred or willing to obtain within first 90 days).
- Team player, self-starter, able to work independently and delegate daily work schedules.
Submit resumes to Habitat ReStore director, East and Central Pasco County Habitat for Humanity 15017 US Highway 301, Dade City, FL 33523, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Oct 22, 2012