DC, Washington - Senior Grant Manager
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
Classification: Full time exempt
Reporting to the director of marketing and development, the grants manager will oversee the grants proposal process at Habitat for Humanity of Washington, D.C., including the research of funding sources, submission of proposals and reporting/compliance. The grants manager is a key member of the marketing and development team and will work to secure funding for projects as outlined in DC Habitat’s fund development plan. This hire will also collaborate with the director of marketing and development in identifying new corporate donor prospects, conducting an outcomes study, planning for fundraising events and other development activities.
- Lead research on prospective sources of grant funding, including foundation, government and corporate sources.
- Maintain and grow positive relationships with contacts at organizations providing grant support to DC Habitat.
- Manage all parts of the grant funding process, for both foundation and governmental funding sources, including, maintenance of a grants calendar; proposal writing; grant submissions; and reporting/compliance activities. Work with other staff to obtain all information needed for proposals and reporting/compliance documentation.
- Provide monthly reporting on grants to director of marketing an development.
- Participate in strategic planning activities and budgeting processes as requested.
- Oversee the ongoing study of outcomes for those served by DC Habitat’s program, including data collection and annual analysis/reporting.
- As time permits, collaborate with marketing and development Director on drafting proposals for corporate sponsorship.
- Collaborate with marketing and development director on plans for fundraising events.
- Contribute content about funders to DC Habitat’s website, newsletters and other communications materials.
- Collaborate on other marketing and development activities, as requested/as time permits.
This position requires a strong cross-functional team player who is knowledgeable about the wants and needs of various types of funders. It also requires conscientious and detailed documentation with respect to all funding sources, as well as a commitment to the mission of Habitat for Humanity. Specific qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of four years of experience in fundraising and grants management.
- Track record of successful grant proposals resulting in awards of $50,000 and up.
- Strong writing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Willingness to attend frequent meetings outside of the office.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint and Excel.
- Familiarity with Raisers Edge preferred.
Salary and benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience; Habitat for Humanity of Washington, D.C. offers a competitive benefits package, including paid vacation, medical and dental insurance, retirement savings and more.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, including “Senior Grants Manager” in the subject line.