FL, Clearwater - CEO
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
Habitat for Humanity of Pinellas County seeks a CEO to provide leadership and oversee the continued delivery of its mission of partnering with people in need to build and renovate decent, affordable housing in Pinellas County. This critical position will be responsible for building and growing community partnerships, directing staff and volunteers, overseeing fundraising efforts and maintaining a high level of quality for all Habitat programs. The CEO must have the desire to lead a growing organization, excellent communication and relationship building skills, a sophisticated approach to operational and staff management, and a passion for Habitat’s work. This is a full-time, exempt position located in Clearwater, Fla.
The CEO reports to the board of directors and is responsible for the following:
- Driving all short-and long-term strategic planning with the board of directors and overseeing the execution of those plans.
- Maintaining an organization-wide atmosphere that is consistent with the vision, values and mission of Habitat Pinellas.
- Facilitating sound planning to ensure the organization’s overall effectiveness, quality and sustainability.
- Providing oversight for all program components, including home owner services, acquisition of building sites, construction, the Habitat ReStore retail facility and other services.
- Establishing the budget and overseeing financial management.
- Developing and implementing operational policies, procedures and protocols as needed.
Staff and board management
- Managing team of 25 total, with five direct reports (COO, CFO, VP of major gifts, VP of communications and Habitat ReStore manager), numerous sub-contractors, and an active corps of volunteers.
- Ensuring that all staff have appropriate coaching and development opportunities.
- Continuing to strengthen an organizational culture of collaboration, support and dedication to the mission.
- Maintaining a transparent and productive relationship with the board of directors by ensuring regular communication and reporting around organizational progress and status.
- Working closely with the board to set strategic vision, identify priorities and goals and to monitor the progress of the organization.
- Support and guide board development in conjunction with board leadership.
Development and external relations
- Collaborating with VP of major gifts and VP of communications to develop and execute strategic resource development plans that ensure a long-term, sustainable mix of revenue from a range of sources.
- Cultivating and stewarding a range of relationships with stakeholders, including donors, elected officials, policy makers, media outlets and key community leaders.
- Maintaining and enhancing relationships with financial institutions and partners to ensure continued growth in mortgage asset revenue.
The CEO should be a positive, energetic leader who is passionate about the Habitat for Humanity mission and able to excite and motivate a wide range of stakeholders. Strong candidates will demonstrate both a strategic, business-oriented mindset as well as a deep passion for the Habitat mission.
He or she should also have the following qualifications:
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience, including senior management and/or leadership experience.
- Nonprofit management experience strongly preferred.
- Superb leadership and teambuilding abilities, including the ability to motivate and inspire team while also holding staff members accountable for individual and group goals.
- A track record of successful fundraising with major donors, corporations and foundations or directly transferrable experience.
- A strong entrepreneurial spirit and desire to build and grow organizational capacity.
- Excellent financial skills; the ability to understand and credibly discuss complex financial arrangements and programs.
- Maturity and presence required to represent Habitat Pinellas with high-profile civic, philanthropic and business leaders.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, including the ability to serve as an inspirational spokesperson for Habitat Pinellas.
- Strong collaborative orientation, ability to provide and accept feedback and work effectively with a board of directors.
- Proactive, strategic thinker with the ability to recognize and seek out partnerships and fundraising opportunities for the organization.
The CEO should also demonstrate a genuine passion for the Habitat mission and a desire to work toward the organization’s ultimate goal, ensuring that every man, woman and child has a decent, safe and affordable place to live.
Compensation and benefits
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
How to apply
Habitat Pinellas has engaged Koya Leadership Partners to help in this hire. Please submit a compelling cover letter and resume to Molly Brennan.
Habitat Pinellas is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women and LGBT applicants.
About Habitat for Humanity:
Putting faith into action, Habitat for Humanity of Pinellas County promotes family stability by providing innovative and affordable housing solutions to qualified individuals and families. In partnership with our community, we work toward our ultimate goal of eliminating substandard housing throughout the county.
The Habitat Model
Habitat’s unique and sensible formula makes it possible for limited-income households to own a home they can afford. With volunteer labor and local donations of money and some in-kind materials, Habitat Pinellas builds and rehabilitates houses with the help of the homeowner families. Habitat houses are sold to partner families or individuals at no profit and financed with zero-interest loans.
About Habitat for Humanity of Pinellas County:
Habitat Pinellas is a locally run affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International. Habitat Pinellas is a $6.6 million organization on track to build 35 homes in Pinellas County in 2014. The organization has seven consecutive years of a four-star rating from Charity Navigator, an award granted to just two percent of non-profits nationwide.
About Koya Leadership Partners
Koya Leadership Partners is a national retained search and consulting firm that works exclusively with nonprofits and social enterprises. We deliver measurable results, finding exceptionally talented people who truly fit the unique culture of our client organizations. For more information about Koya Leadership Partners, visit www.koyapartners.com.