FL, Eustis – Habitat ReStore Lead
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
Habitat for Humanity Lake-Sumter Fl. is seeking a Habitat ReStore lead.
- Responsible for overall operations and performance of the affiliate Habitat ReStores in Groveland, Fla.
- Will develop and strive to achieve the annual budget for the Habitat ReStore.
- Supervise, schedule, train and motivate all staff members including volunteers.
- Will need to be a strong leader in customer service, daily sales, quality control of merchandise, safety, security and maintenance of the facility and Habitat property.
- Will participate in Habiat ReStore marketing activities, while working closely with the district manager to include sales technique, special projects, store issues and responsibilities.
Skills and qualifications:
- Three to five years of retail and/or customer service management experience is required.
- Must have and demonstrate outstanding communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Must be able to work with people of all races, and religious denominations.
- Ability to perform tasks in a timely fashion while staying committed to safety for all staff, volunteers, customers and donors.
- Must be computer literate and have the ability to operate office and store equipment as required.
- Work with and support other affiliate staff to ensure overall mission fulfillment.
- Follow established policies and procedures for safe, secure and high quality performance of all aspects of Habitat ReStore activities.
- Monitor and train staff members and volunteers, while establishing annual performance goals and budgets.
- Establish proper pricing and inventory practices for local consumer market base while maintaining Habitat ReStore standards. Oversee and monitor pricing on a weekly basis and adjust as necessary within set mark down policies.
- Oversee store display arrangements of items for best use of sales floor space and inventory turnover of aging stock.
- Coordinate truck schedules, evaluate salability of donated merchandise and contact donors to verify donations received.
- Track sales data to better understand customer demand while developing a positive donor base to assure repeat customers.
- Maintain daily sales records, cash outs and banking records for the ReStore and use appropriate computer systems/program to ensure records are correctly kept and sent in to office manager. Monitor and control all petty cash issues.
- Develop good working relationships with other area Habitat ReStore managers to identify “best practices” and programs that are mutually beneficial.
- To handle and defuse challenging situations with tact, and demonstrate good conflict resolution skills
- Review time cards to ensure they meet set standards, to monitor work schedules and employee overtime.
- Ensure that all store supplies are adequate for staff and proper store operations.
Habitat for Humanity of Lake Sumter, FL (HFHLS) has four ReStores with the Groveland store being situated northwest of Orlando, Fla,. by 25 miles. The position reports to the director/manager of Habitat ReStore operations. HFHLS is an equal opportunity employer and we are especially looking for applicants who have prior Habitat ReStore lead experience.
Please apply with resume, cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.