FL, Fort Lauderdale - Construction Site Supervisor
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
Reports to: Director of construction
This position will be to supervise the construction of affordable homes.
This individual should be skilled in all aspects of single family and townhouse construction including new construction from vacant lot to C.O. and rehabilitation from existing structure to C.C. This person must possess excellent people skills and be capable and enthusiastic about teaching and working with unskilled volunteers and prospective homeowners in all aspects of residential construction.
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, or equivalent work experience required.
- Florida building contractor’s license required, or the ability to obtain one in 90 days.
- Three years’ experience in townhouse and single-family residence construction.
- Ability to supervise the construction of townhouses and single family dwellings.
- Ability to supervise volunteers and sub-contractors.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. or more and to operate construction tools and equipment.
On-site person who oversees the actual work being performed by volunteers and sub-contractors for the specific site. Also performs skilled tasks as required to pass inspections and prepare site for volunteer groups.
- Opening site daily.
- Maintaining daily sign in.
- Scheduling inspections and ensuring buildings are ready for inspections.
- Meeting inspectors for inspections.
- Teaching construction skills to volunteers and prospective homeowners.
- Overseeing daily work done by volunteers and paid sub-contractors.
- Ensuring materials and tools are on the job site.
- Receiving and storing deliveries of building materials.
- Maintaining daily site log.
- Cultivating individual weekday repeat volunteers.
- Maintaining safety on the site.
- Preparing site for the following work day.
- Reporting weekly work progress to the director of construction.
- Attending weekly construction staff meeting Tuesdays at 1:30 p.m.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday
Please send resume, references and related work experience to firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can mail or drop off a hard copy: Attn: Construction Supervisor Position, Habitat for Humanity of Broward, 3564 N Ocean Blvd, Ft Lauderdale FL 33308.