FL, Jacksonville - Director of Development
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
Reports to: President and CEO
Supervises: Development coordinator
- Responsible for all aspects of fundraising, including annual fund support from individuals, corporations and foundations as well as grants, sponsorships, donor events, planned giving and endowment funding.
- Implements and manages all aspects of our $16 million capital campaign.
- Working closely with the CEO and the board of directors, sustains current fundraising initiatives and develops strategies to broaden fundraising potential to support the HabiJax vision.
- Guides the board and staff in building strong relationships with the fundraising community throughout Jacksonville.
- Works closely with the board to coordinate fundraising activities to expand the scope of the development committee.
- Responsible for managing development systems and prospect research.
- Advise, prepare and support and the CEO and board members in efforts to maximize the effectiveness of HabiJax fundraising efforts.
- Develop and implement strategic development initiatives to increase funding for the ministry. Lead, manage and guide efforts to identify, solicit and cultivates all sources of funds and gifts for the agency.
- Coordinate the efforts of the Board and staff in the development of a multi-year and annual development plan. Oversee the translation of the ministry’s mission and goals into a development program with stated objectives and measures of achievement.
- Create and manage a program for the identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of existing as well as prospective individual, corporate, foundation and other major donors.
- Implement the HabiJax capital campaign and manage the campaign to a successful outcome.
- Prepare and administer the department budget, projecting and monitoring goals for both revenue and expense.
- Establish and administer policies, systems and procedures, with an emphasis on ethical standards for soliciting and reporting gifts.
- Work with senior staff to produce and update promotional publications including the strategy and case statement, brochures, fundraising appeals and donor letters and newsletters.
- Ensure the identification and tracking of funding prospects and donors via Raiser’s Edge. Maintain up-to-date data on contacts through the database and manages the database as a resource tool.
- Attend meetings of civic, professional or community groups to share the mission on HabiJax, and develop contacts for giving. Nurture long-term relationships with contributors including, individuals’ corporations and foundations.
- Implement a systematic major donor cultivation process, including the development of revenue targets and achievement of revenue goals. Personally solicit major gifts from donors and donor prospects.
- Support the major donor cultivation process through the development of tools, events, campaigns and recognition programs based on the major donor revenue goals.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization and five or more years of experience is required. CFRE designation desirable.
- Passionate about advancing the HabiJax mission.
- Proficient in understanding and using the tolls of fundraising and demonstrated success in securing major gifts from individuals, corporations and foundations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds in an articulate and effective manner required.
- Excellent presentation, networking and relationship management skills critical.
- Attention to detail required.
- Experience with fundraising software such as Raiser’s Edge a plus.
- Ability to foster creative and innovative ideas.
- Ability to serve as a proactive team player who works collaboratively to achieve goals and objectives is important.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality essential.
Ability to lift at least 10 pounds, climb stairs, sit or stand for at least 15 minutes.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.