FL, Miami - Development Officer (Major Gifts)
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Miami is seeking a seasoned development officer. This position will be responsible for managing relationships with major donor prospects as well as managing Habitat for Humanity’s faith relations program including sustaining and supporting current partnerships, raising awareness about the need for affordable housing and HFHGM’s program within the faith community.
As a skilled networking professional, the successful candidate must demonstrate tenacity in building relationships with individuals, foundations and faith partners. This position is charged with developing and implementing strategies for securing financial support from donor prospects. The candidate must possess the ability to convert relationships into financial gifts that will ensure annual fundraising goals are met or exceeded.
This position will report to the director of development and will be the staff liaison to the faith engagement committee.
- Identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding qualified prospects and donors.
- Collaborate with director of development and volunteer and events director on analyzing and strategizing into turning volunteers into donors.
- Compassionately articulate the Habitat story.
- Responsible for Planned Giving Program.
- Direct annual appeals.
- Create and maintain marketing materials and partnership tools.
- Team building and grant writing support as needed.
- Submit weekly development report.
- Develop, build and maintain relationships with key religious leaders in Miami-Dade County, particularly within areas Habitat is currently building.
- Develop and execute a fundraising plan to leverage financial resources within the faith community, including the maintenance of current partners and successful solicitation of new sponsors for annual revenue growth. Position will have annual revenue goals.
- Plan and assist in implementing projects and events, including but not limited to Faith House, PCA Build, quarterly Faith Days and Synagogue Sunday in conjunction with the volunteer department.
- Coordinate volunteer groups from faith-based organizations, including in-person orientations, online volunteer registration management, site visits, follow-up correspondence, etc.
- Possess at least and associate's degree and two to five years progressively responsible experience in fundraising.
- Demonstrated track record of successful fundraising in an environment of similar complexity.
- Superior presentation skills, including the presence to deal effectively with diverse constituencies including principal donors, board members, staff and leadership in the field.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write and speak clearly and
effectively, and to listen as well as an unusual capacity to engage, inspire and persuade.
- Capital campaign experience a plus.
- Ability to plan, organize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Be detail oriented and able to work with little supervision and in cooperation with a variety of volunteers and staff members.
- Must have the ability to organize, prioritize work, meet critical deadlines and be flexible.
- Work independently and be self-motivated in initiating contacts with potential donors.
- Must be competent in computer skills such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Raiser’s Edge.
- Relationship building is a key component of this position.
- Develop and implement new strategies for engaging faith-based organizations.
Requirements and working conditions:
- Be able to travel – requires a personal vehicle, insurance and valid Florida driver’s license.
- Willingness to work flexible schedule, evenings and weekends.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume/employment application to Yolanda Melchionno at Yolanda.email@example.com, or apply in person at 3800 N.W. 22nd Avenue, Miami, FL 33142.