FL, Miami - Habitat ReStore Drivers
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Miami is seeking two drivers for our Habitat ReStore located in Cutler Ridge.
This position reports to the Habitat ReStore manager. The driver will drivethe Habitat ReStore box truck to donor sites as instructed to by supervisor. The driver will be responsible to interact effectively with donors to acquire donations to be sold at the Habitat ReStore. This person must work with staff and volunteers to ensure that all donations are received in a timely, organized and safe manner. It shall be the driver’s responsibility to coordinate and communicate effectively with all Habitat ReStore staff and volunteers. The driver is to be available to assist with other duties when not devoting time and attention to the transportation and organization of donations
- Must oversee truck and any maintenance issues and advise manager of issues.
- Must unload truck daily to ensure preparation for next day.
- Complete and maintain all necessary paperwork, and turn them in daily along with gas receipts.
- Schedule routes for the week and resolve any issues that arise.
- Call donors to confirm schedule pick-ups, delays or possible rescheduling and advise manager of same.
- Routes must be completed daily; if for some reason this is not possible the Habitat ReStore manager must be advised immediately.
- Supervise driver assistant while doing pick-ups.
- If a donation is declined by the driver, a picture must be taken of the merchandise and sent to manager immediately.
- Make sure donor fills out receipt forms neatly and completely.
- Responsible for making sure the loading dock is clean, organized and safe.
- Inform manager of any safety issues & accidents.
- Learn the various policies concerning merchandise.
- Must cross train with other positions.
- Be familiar with merchandise.
- Carefully load and unload trucks on a daily basis.
- Responsible for keeping track of all truck supplies provided.
- Assist in additional tasks as needed.
Required skills/experience/physical requirements
- Must have at least two years of experience driving a box truck.
- Must have a good driving record and insurance.
- Must have current fork lift certificate.
- Friendly, helpful, positive attitude at all times with customers, staff and volunteers.
- Understanding of simple math operations.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook.
- Must be able to lift heavy objects.
- High standards of personal and professional integrity and accountability.
Hours and compensation
This position is a full-time hourly position. Forty hours per week, Tuesday through Saturday. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, Life Insurance, 403B retirement plan, PTO and paid holidays.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume in attention to Yolanda Melchionno in the HR Department, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply in person at 3800 N.W. 22nd Avenue, Miami, FL 33142.
Post date: Thursday, March 7, 2013
Deadline for submitting resume: Wednesday, March 14, 2013
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Miami is a not-for-profit Christian ministry which builds homes in partnership with low-income families and is fully committed to equal employment opportunity, and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.