FL, Miami - Habitat ReStore Floor Associate
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Miami is seeking a Floor Associate for our ReStore located in Cutler Ridge.
This position reports to the Habitat ReStore manager. The Habitat ReStore floor associate is responsible for providing excellent customer service to donors at all times, through effective screening and acceptance of donations at Habitat’s back warehouse door. Associate will help to create and provide a welcoming atmosphere for donors, customers and volunteers while also keeping the warehouse area clean, safe and orderly. Other duties include, but are not limited to, unloading company truck, stocking shelves, assisting with merchandise pricing, sorting materials for recycling, providing customer service on the sales floor, assisting and directing store volunteers and assisting with operational functions.
- Greet customers as they enter and thank them as they exit.
- Price all items before they are placed on the floor.
- Conduct orientation for volunteers and homeowners.
- Make sure the floor along with loading dock is neat, clean, organized and free of all safety issues.
- Assign volunteers and homeowners their task for the day.
- Inform manager of any safety issues and accidents.
- Learn the various policies concerning merchandise.
- Must cross train with other positions.
- Be familiar with merchandise.
- Stay behind the register at all times.
- Carefully load and unload trucks on a daily basis.
- Assist in additional tasks as needed.
Required skills/experience/physical requirements
- Friendly, helpful, positive attitude at all times with customers, staff and volunteers.
- Team player, self-starter, able to work independently and delegate daily work schedules.
- Understanding of simple math operations.
- Must have current forklift certificate.
- Knowledge of Microsoft outlook, excel and word.
- Able to lift up to 75 lbs., perform heavy manual tasks, work standing or walking for a full workday.
- Must be able to coordinate volunteers from diverse backgrounds and age groups.
- High standards of personal and professional integrity and accountability.
- Must be able to wear a back support belt and steel-toed shoes.
Hours and compensation
This position is a full-time hourly position. Forty hour work week, Tuesday through Saturday. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, Life Insurance, 403B retirement plan, PTO and paid holidays.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume in attention to Yolanda Melchionno in the HR Department, at email@example.com, or apply in person at 3800 N.W. 22nd Avenue, Miami, FL 33142.
Post date: Thursday, March 7, 2013
Deadline for submitting resume: Wednesday, March 14, 2013
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Miami is a not-for-profit Christian ministry which builds homes in partnership with low-income families and is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.