FL, St. Augustine - Construction Manager
Construction Manager Job Description
The Construction Manager is a full time salaried position reporting to the Executive Director working Tuesday-Saturday. Salary range is 30,000-40,000 depending on experience.
The Construction Manager provides leadership and oversees all aspects of construction including monitoring home building costs, coordinating inspections, paid contractor activities and management of construction staff, volunteers and homeowners.
- Understand and support the Habitat for Humanity mission and vision.
- Experience in residential construction, both new construction and rehab, preferably at a supervisor level.
- Ability to act as General Contractor for several houses simultaneously building 6-10 homes annually.
- Willingness to be flexible in responding to situations as they arise.
- Ability to work with volunteers.
- Be open to new ideas and pursue creative ideas that can be applied to the construction department.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
- Monitor and enforce safe construction practices for individuals and equipment.
- Review plans, specifications and construction cost estimates in order to develop production schedules to construct homes at the lowest cost, while maintaining quality standards.
- Oversee all land development work on properties prior to construction of home.
- Schedule county/city inspections and ensure appropriate permits are pulled prior to construction
- Schedule and oversee subcontract work, obtaining three bids for each job.
- Monitor and manage the performance of the Crew Leaders to insure the completed work meets standards, performing quality control checks on crew leaders.
- As home construction numbers change, monitor cost and analyze if subcontracted activities could be performed by volunteers at a lower cost while maintaining the build schedule.
- Solicit donated labor and materials, where possible, and always trying to bring down the cost of construction.
- Be the primary contact for in-kind materials and arrange for pick-up and distribution.
- Purchase and coordinate delivery of building materials with work schedule in mind.
- Keep the construction sites and construction compound (storage containers) organized and consolidated.
- Ensure the construction sites and compound are safe from theft and taking extra precautions when the homes are most vulnerable (electrical wire installation and appliance installation)
- Ensure that takeoffs are provided for each house also provide the finance manager with a cost estimate for each individual house. The estimate to actual report must be analyzed monthly for any discrepancies.
- Attend all Staff Meetings and implement regular construction meetings if necessary.
- Implement green building practices and third party certification maintaining at least Energy Star 3.0 standard on all homes.
- Research alternative building solutions and creatively work with architect to design new house plans.
- Develop detailed work plans and schedules of the construction to be done by volunteers.
- Communicate with the Volunteer Coordinator to determine volunteer needs and utilization.
- Communicate with family prior to beginning construction to arrange all homeowner selections.
- Perform an annual inventory count of all building materials and tools for the annual audit.
****Email resume to email@example.com ****
Habitat for Humanity of St. Johns County is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
ONLY CANDIDATES WHO FOLLOW THE SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS IN THIS JOB ADVERTISEMENT ON HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB WILL BE CONSIDERED.
|Affiliate Name:||St. Augustine/St. John's County, HFH of|
|Location:||Saint Augustine, Florida|
|Job Position Type:||Affiliate|
|Job Function:||US Affiliate|
|Job Position Category:||Affiliate-Opportunity|
|Auto Req ID:||491BR|