FL, St. Augustine - Construction Manager
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
The construction manager is a full-time salaried position reporting to the executive director.
The construction manager provides leadership and oversees all aspects of construction including monitoring home building costs, coordinating inspections, paid contractor activities and management of construction staff, volunteers and homeowners.
- Understand and support the Habitat for Humanity mission and vision.
- Experience in residential construction, both new construction and rehab, preferably at a supervisor level.
- Ability to act as general contractor for several houses simultaneously.
- Willingness to be flexible in responding to situations as they arise.
- Ability to work with volunteers.
Primary responsibilities and duties:
- Monitor and manage the performance of the crew leaders to insure the completed work meets standards.
- Monitor and enforce safe construction practices for individuals and equipment.
- Oversee productivity so that homes are built to code and completed according to the home’s build schedule.
- Review plans, specifications and construction cost estimates in order to develop production schedules to construct homes at the lowest cost, while maintaining quality standards.
- Develop detailed work plans and schedules of the construction to be done by volunteers.
- Oversee all land development work on properties prior to construction of home.
- Schedule and oversee subcontract work, obtaining three bids for each job.
- Solicit donated labor and materials, where possible.
- Purchase and coordinate delivery of building materials with work schedule in mind. Ensure that takeoffs are provided for each house.
- Attend all building and site development meetings.
- Schedule county/city inspections.
- Implement green building practices and third party certification.
Secondary responsibilities and duties:
- Communicate with the volunteer coordinator to determine volunteer needs and use.
- Become the primary contact for in-kind materials and arrange for pick-up and distribution.
Resume and cover letter can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.